Saturday 31 October 2015

Of all the ghosts...

These days, it takes a lot to scare me. I've done what you would call a "haunted maze" attraction, I've seen the different walk-through's there is to be done and while yes, a few make me jump, it takes a lot for me to be scared.

There's a few things though i'd like to share with you, experiences I have had in the past which to this day still don't sit quite right with me as being OK.

For example, near to where my boyfriend lives, there's a large hill with a large cross on the top as if to signify something. I asked my boyfriend what that was all about and he told me...

When there was an outbreak of TB in the UK, that hill was the base for an open-air hospital. It had walls, windows, but no ceiling, with the idea being that the TB could be cured and move away from the patients, with fresh air. Apparently, it worked and a small while later the hospital was brought down to the ground and a large cross remains, where the hospital used to sit.

Local legend still has it that the area is haunted by the infected. There's a number of tree's in the area and of a night it does make you wonder, who's hiding behind the tree?

That for me seems to be more scary than somebody jumping out trying to scare me, or something I could see on a big screen.

What manages to scare you then dear reader?

Why not let us all know below....

No comments:

Post a Comment