Tuesday 30 December 2014

Windows 10 - News of it

So it seems Windows 8 operating system actually IS a failure, and i'm now finding out why.

Microsoft, the company behind Windows, recently announced that they would be releasing "Windows 10" (whatever happened to 9?) and it's not long coming after they launched Windows 8, which was supposed to change the way we used our computers.

Windows 8 is the operating system that has never been liked. It's appearance is not your typical "Windows" appearance, more based on what you'd expect from your mobile phone. The reason it didn't get loved is because when people buy Windows for a laptop or a computer, is that you don't want your mobile phone screen popping up infront of you. You want the little start button at the bottom left, you want shortcuts on your proper desktop, none of these "apps" and stuff. You want Windows to look like Windows and work better than expected, which it's a shame to say.... Windows 8 doesn't.

I recently started using my new laptop which has Windows 8 on it. As a platform, i'm not too keen on it. These app's can be a nightmare to use and most are pointless, some programs are impossible to shut down, meaning I always need my task manager open so as I can shut them down. It's too different from what I actually want from Windows, and while it's a shame it's like that... I cannot wait for Windows 10.

Windows 10 itself should be coming out in about March time of 2015 last time I heard. Let's hope they can make people fall in love with Windows again.

No comments:

Post a Comment