Saturday 13 December 2014

The truth about Sian.

People who know me well, know that i'm almost in a heterosexual relationship, infact no, more, marriage... because we don't do sex with each other, plenty with other's though... besides the point...

Anyway. She's the grace to my will, she is the linda to my tom, the pasty to my edina... she is... Sian.


Now, not many friends could sing that to each other and still be able to say they have a good friendship, yet, we do... and we can truely mean each of those lyrics to each other, it is crazy, but it's what we've both become used to. So... where did all of this begin.

Well, back in 2000 and something, i started a job at my local KFC. Hardly the most glam job to be doing, but it was a complete change and i was happy to be doing it. I remember not long after i started i was on a shift one night and the member of staff saying how it was one of the other staff members parties and how they were going to go once we'd finished and that i could come along. At this point in my job i was abit kind of.... affraid to fart still, so, i didn't want to go really, because who else would i know?

Over the next few months i of course started to let my guard down to people i was working with, during the more quiet times we'd all stand around and have abit of a natter about stuff and i got talking to one of the girls in there. For some really odd reason, we ended up going to a party together, and i don't think i'm wrong when i say this, but neither of us can remember what was said for us to both end up going together, considering at that time, we'd only really spoken in work, and that wasn't loads.

Anyway, we went and i discoverd that SOMEONE had never been drunk before, so of course, Bev's mission for the night.... get Sian pissed. To my glory... i managed it. We actually had a really good night and if memory serves me right, it's from that moment on that we started to hit it off as friends.

Over the next year-ish, we became closer and closer as friends and began meeting up outside of work on an almost regular basis. Nights out, nights at my mums getting told to stop talking as loud... you name it, we did it. It carried on like that until Sian had to leave her job and go off to uni.... in Bangor, Wales. I'll admit, i was abit gutted about it, although i didn't say so at the time, it was abit like.... we've built up this friendship and now it's going to fizzle out to nothing.

Off she went to uni and i went on with life as usual, only we'd spend most of our time talking about utter shite on the phone or skype for about 3 or 4 hours at a time... infact, come to think of it, yes, Sian did indeed used to fall asleep on skype to me. I'm not even THAT boring!!!! Then of course came the day i had my meeting in KFC. The manager of the store at the time, joseph, had never liked me and had found a way he could get rid of me, so we all knew what was happening, but formalities are as such, so i had to go into the store early and have this "meeting" which resulted in my "contract being terminated". I wasn't too botherd by it all if i'm honest, but of course the night before Sian had reserved the first phone call by me, to be the first one i told and said "i'll be really upset if you get sacked". I called and i remember she was on her way to lecture and had to take the day off because she was upset over me no longer working in KFC.

We carried on talking over the next week and i'd not seen her at this point from when she left for uni (if i remember rightly). So 7pm came on the day i recieved my final pay cheque from KFC and i was on the phone to Sian who said something about being in Bangor for the weekend. I don't know what it was that made me go, but i did. I jumped on the bus, the train, another train... and at about half 12 that night, i rolled into Bangor station and there was Sian to meet me.... and we even managed a few hours clubbing that night before going to bed too! That was a really good weekend too, just, unplanned, laid back (minus the 12 mile hike she took me on), but just... perfect.

The following january and i treated Sian to a sort of my Bangor trip, to the gay village in manchester. We met up with some friends of mine and had a really good few days and nights... even made it onto tv too!!!


Since then of couse, i've spent my time out of work, i've been on my own journey's too, moving house, family arguments, operations, romances... you name it and at the end of the phone or by my side, Sian's been there.

Don't get me wrong, we do have our own love and hate thing going on. We'll spend tonnes of time arguing and falling out over the most silly of things, but our (now spoken) rule of thumb is, doesn't matter if we're talking or not, if something is up, call the other one. Besides, we'll always make it up anyway in the end.

Personally, i don't think Sian knows the impact she has on other people. She spends too much time on the phone to me saying "I feel like i'm always moaning" or something along those lines, but the truth is, she could moan all that she wanted.... i'd still be there to listen. She has very little idea about the nice thing's she does for others, which she might have forgotten about and thought others had forgotten about, but, we don't.

Like the time she thought i might need some extra money on my way home from bangor, so slipped me a few extra quid to make sure i got home ok. The time's i've been feeling down and she's gone to mcdonalds and KFC to get us some food, so we can just chill out, watch some crap and have a natter. The times when she's been upto her eyes in uni related work, but still makes time to listen to me, or just let me ramble on about shite and then say 5 minutes later "sorry, what did you say, i wasn't listening".

Thing is, i'm writing this in june, the week before my birthday. This won't be coming out until december 13th (Sian's birthday), and i know she'll be reading this. There may even be tears (although that might be her reaction to my spelling, it normally is). So...

Sian, happy birthday. You've no idea how much you mean to me and you know i love you with all of my heart (Is this where i propose?). It's been a long journey has our friendship, it's had more ups and down's than a pair of saggy boobs during a marathon, but, i know no other way of saying this, so.... take it away freddy....


No comments:

Post a Comment