Wednesday 3 December 2014

A health scare?

Well, yesterday I was at the doctors because last week I had some blood tests done (Yes eww, and yes I felt it) and the results had come back in.... but it wasn't all good news.

See for me, my Cholesterol level was showing as normal, but high... yeah, that's what I thought too. I met with the dietitian at my GP's who went through the results with me. I never knew that there was different type's of cholesterol, some are good and some are bad.

Now the good ones, are all as they should be, below the limit's set out for whats good for you, but one, which is the bad one that's known to be bad for your heart, is over.... by quite a lot.

The limit is set out at a 1.7 score, mine, was 3.0.

Now, although this ISN'T a huge problem, it is a wake-up to me that I need to be taking better care of my health. I managed to get a free membership to a gym out of this, which I'm made up about. My weight has been climbing for some time recently, and it is something I'm going to be working on.

Ideally I'd love to get my weight back down from the 17 stone it is at the moment, down to about 12. I used to love being skinny years ago, even when people were asking "are you eating properly", it felt good to me... thank god for vanity issues hey!

In closing, it's not a health scare as such, more just a wake up call for me to take action on this issue. I have tests to do this time next year to see if my levels are on the way down, or already down... so, diet beginning in 3,2...

No comments:

Post a Comment