Friday 18 April 2014

Worlds toughest job... the video.

Ok, probably most of you have seen this, it's the video that went viral showing a "company" that had posted a job and you join their journey as they interview some people over something like skype it'd seem, and blah blah blah.


Now don't get me wrong, this isn't to place ANY disrespect at the feet of any parents. I know it can be tough having children and all that jazz, but can we all please man up for a minute here?

Firstly... what kind of company does its interviews over the internet, using something like skype?

Even the "job role" as we're told about it, sounds completely fake. Firstly, i know of many mothers that can get enough sleep. Sure, you might have to get up once or twice during the night, early mornings etc, but it's certainly not a role where there's never any sleep. Constant bending over? Fucking hell, are they recruiting a mother here or a whore of a gay man?

But this is all to just tug at your heart strings and make you think "N'aww, isn't my mum the best" and of course that'd make you want to buy a card from this company or something like that.

It's hopefully going to make me forget about the times, like when i didn't want to go to school, so my pissed off mother jabbed me in the back with her car keys to vent some anger. It's trying to make me forget about the time that my mother kicked the bathroom door off its hinges because i refused to get my hair cut.

All this... and yet... i didn't shed 1 tear at the video.

So yes, mothers are great and most do a wonderful job at raising their kids and blah blah blah.... but for fuck sake, man up! This is a promotional video for a company, designed to make you spend your money this mothers day, and nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment